Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ski Boat Cake

Here is the finished product...











The untold story is the "how-to" make this cake...

I had the worst time making this cake and I'm actually really disappointed how it turned out
It started off ok...

Made the cake board, then...



Made some gum paste items, then...



Baked & Stacked the cake & this is where things started to take a turn for the worse...

1) I forgot to include the strawberry filling in the layers! (Thank goodness this cake is for a family member, otherwise I would have had to start over)

Then I dirty iced the cake...


Then I decided I would fondant a different way for the first time. What was I thinking???? The boat spilt in half & I had to refondant the whole thing & repair the best I could. Why NO, I didn't want such a flat ski boat!

Let me just say that I'm disappointed with the result, shake it off & get back in the kitchen!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment